Self-Love is the Key to Success
It is 2021 and everyone is entitled to love themselves for who they are. Self-love is the key to happiness within your life, it gives you a purpose. When you treat yourself as your number one priority a lot of your values shift, but in the best way possible. I can’t wait to share these amazing tips and tricks about loving yourself to your maximum potential. Self-love is the key to mental health success as well as a happier and fuller life.
What is Self-Love?
Before practicing self-love it is important that we all think of the same overall meaning. According to the Brain and Behavior Research foundation “Self-love is a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth.” I truly love this definition and believe that self-love deals with all realms of life. The act of loving yourself embodies happiness and true appreciation for your life here on Earth. Self-love opens endless doors for opportunities, relationships, adventures and happiness. Within your self-love journey you will watch yourself grow and evolve. You will truly become the best version of yourself and I can’t wait to guide you on this journey.
5 Tips to Practice Self-Love
Once you master self-love your life will be happier!
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others
- This tip encompasses so much importance when it comes down to practicing self-love. In the blog, How to Look at the Glass Half Full this tip is heavily discussed. I would like to reiterate that social media has fogged the reality of the world. Everyone continues to post and talk about their ‘best life’, but it is important to remember that every human endures struggles within their lifetime. No one has a perfect life and remembering that allows you to cut some slack for yourself.
- Remember That You’re a Living Thing
- I know this tip sounds silly, but we tend to forget to take care of ourselves. We are living organisms that need love and care. Eating nutritiously, working out, keeping a skin-care routine etc. are all great ways to better yourself. Having a self-care routine will emphasize self-love within your life.
- Learn to Let Go
- Holding onto grudges from the past are consuming and horrible. Having issues with other people makes you an angrier person. When you have no faults or drama in your path you feel free and the anger tends to drift away. If you notice yourself getting angry for no reason I would consider thinking about your grudges. I would then decide which ones to let go. Most of the time drama from the past becomes distant and seems unimportant in the present day. Life is too short to be upset with people you once cared about. Letting go will open you up to loving yourself more.
- Take Time For Yourself
- Even if you are a people person, it is important to take a step away and practice time for yourself. In doing so you are really connecting with your inner person and this creates time to evaluate your emotional state. Accepting how you are feeling is important to your self-love journey. If you have been feeling depressed it is important to establish that feeling and react to it with the right type of care and consideration. I like to go on long walks, watch a movie on Netflix or take a long hot shower to decompress from the world.
- Live with a Purpose
- Having an overall purpose when it comes to participating in activities or going about your daily life is important. When you create goals and accomplish them you feel proud of yourself. It is common knowledge that you will love yourself more if you succeed. Set goals or make a list of things you want to do and as you cross them off your list you will feel a tremendous amount of self-love.
Your self-love journey is in your hands! I hope you utilize the tips and tricks I have provided in order to love yourself more. This journey is a long one, so buckle up and enjoy the ride. I assure you the results will be well worth it. Own your magic:)