This past year was not easy for anyone. 2020 was a year we all had to live with and grow through! Mental health issues skyrocketed as professionals had never seen before. The good thing is, there is always a way to cope with the bad in your life. This blog is solely for any individual looking for ways to live a happy and fulfilled life even though mental health has affected you at some point in time. I will be posting amazing tips about how to be successful in your mental health journey and how Soul Dogs Inc is a great environment for individuals to work on their mental health issues.
What is Mental Health?
In recent times mental health has been easily confused with many other issues and illnesses. To make it less confusing mental health, defined by the World Health Organization, is “a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.” This is a powerful definition that has many requirements to fulfill to obtain a “healthy mind”. Don’t sweat it though! I will be giving you the best tips in order for you to develop and keep a healthy mindset.
5 Tips to Develop or Keep a Healthy Mindset
Five mental health tips to ensure a great start to your day:
- Start Your Day Doing Something You Love.
- This can mean so many different things to different people, but doing a small thing for yourself in the morning goes a very long way for your mental state. Something as little as grabbing your favorite Starbucks coffee or going on a mile run are ways to create a healthy mindset.
- Work your Strengths
- If you have a big to-do list to tackle for the day and you have stressed it is uberly important to ‘work your strengths’. This means that you will complete a task you know you’re good at first, to build self-confidence and self-appreciation. After it will be way easier to tackle the harder challenges on your list and you will be less stressed!
- Keep Your Bedroom Cool
- The optimal temperature to sleep in is between 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit! The reasoning behind this is because a part of your body’s sleep initiation process is cooling down and this specific temperature range is supposed to help your body hibernate quicker. A full good night’s sleep is a key component when it comes to a healthy mindset.
- Keep a Gratitude Journal
- Every single morning it is important to physically establish on paper three things you are grateful for and three things you would like to accomplish that day. In doing so you are setting healthy goals and can look back on all the things that make you smile. Starting your day off on a positive note will only serve your mental health for the better.
- Take the Time to Laugh
- This last tip sounds simple, but as adults sometimes we forget about all the hilarious and happy things within our lives. When you wake up in the morning I challenge you to laugh. Call an old hilarious friend, crack a joke here and there. Laughter is the best medicine for a healthy mindset.
How Will Mental Health Affect You in the Future
In a blog titled Building Emotional Intelligence and Its Benefits, the author discusses that emotional intelligence is important to have inside and outside the workplace. It’s pretty funny because us humans never really know how our mental health will act up in the future, but with these tips every week I believe that you will see positive changes in your daily life. Soul Dogs Inc is a place where you can come and work on your mental health issues with the support of amazing staff and service animals.
If you would like to learn more about mental health check out these links: