Goodbye Unwanted Emotions
In 2021 I believe it is almost impossible to plan for every upcoming stressful moment in your life. When unwanted situations occur it is important to be able to keep your emotions in check. Anger and hostility often have a way of getting to us humans. Once you learn to control these unwanted feelings you will overall be able to lead a happier lifestyle. In this blog, my goal is to teach you coping mechanisms in order for you to deal with your emotions in the unfortunate situations that life may throw at you. With intense research and guidance from a professional, I can confidently say that the usage of these tips and tricks has been extremely life-changing. Learning about emotional intelligence [Building Emotional Intelligence and Its Benefits] is the overall key to leading a healthier and happier mental health journey.
Practice and Dedication
It is common for human beings to speak out of anger or react in a negative way when a situation doesn’t go as planned. Imagine going back to the most negative moment in your life and being able to react in a better light. Imagine how things would’ve panned out if you were able to control your emotions. You might’ve not said or done something you still regret till this day. I am here to confidently say with these practiced tips and tricks you will be able to prevent yourself from acting out in the future. Emotional Intelligence can be learned with practice and dedication. Acting out of anger will become a distant memory. I am excited to be going on this mental health journey with you.
5 Tips to Manage Your Emotions
Once you learn to experience your emotions rather than live with them, you will be a much happier person.
- Establish the Emotion You’re Feeling
- When dealing with an unfortunate situation you should take a moment to establish your exact emotion before reacting. Sometimes anger can mask vulnerable emotions that are actually absorbing you. It is important to make sure you really understand what emotions you’re feeling on the inside. If you are feeling multiple emotions that’s okay! Make sure you establish what all of them are because that makes it easier to decide how you will react in the situation.
- Do Something You Love
- Life can get very hard very fast. In times like this, it is important to have a ‘mood booster.” A mood booster is something that you enjoy doing and will increase your endorphins in times of need. Finding a positive activity will get you out of your funk and increase your overall happiness.
- Accept What You Are Feeling
- In situations where you break down and sob your eyes out over something that is non-catastrophic such as losing your phone, it is vital to remind yourself that scenarios like that happen to everyone. In these scenarios, it is important to accept the way you felt, especially if the way you reacted was inappropriate. By establishing these emotions it is much easier to solve them. If you keep misplacing your cell phone you should always leave the ringer on. Solutions are made much easier when you accept what you are feeling. Little situations can cause large overwhelming emotions and when we learn to control ourselves in these situations we will be able to be more at peace with ourselves. Feelings such as anger and frustration are things we can all learn to be in charge of.
- Envision the Overall Picture
- A negative event and the emotions that come with one may seem like they’re going to last forever. In reality, time will go on and you will have a ton of happier days ahead of you. Our lowest points are not what define us. Our best days and accomplishments do. Remember that things will get better and everything in life is temporary. Sometimes a bad situation can lead to something great. Trust the universe.
- It’s a Choice
- Next time something isn’t going your way, think about how you’re going to react. It’s your choice to take the wheel of your mental health journey. Even if you have begun to lash out, catch yourself. Take a step back, breathe and put yourself in check. That’s how you begin to learn emotional intelligence and the benefits that come with it.
Once you accept that you can’t control how other people act and what they do, life becomes a lot simpler. Once you accept that you are incharge of you and you only you will be a much happier person. Your once heightened emotions will evaporate into the earth and good positive energy will soak into your life and world. We are all individually in charge of ourselves and how we choose to react to the good and bad. If you can learn to react to unexpected situations in a positive light, you will be unstoppable. Happiness is about self love and your respect for others and their opinions. Remember who you are and make your world a place. It doesn’t matter if your young or old, it’s never too late or too early to put your emotions in check and become an overall happier person.