- Full Time / Part Time
Website Soul Dogs Inc.
Direct Care Interpreter Job Purpose: The main role of the interpreter is to assist our consumers who communicate using ASL and consumers/families who communicate using Spanish within our services in which the consumer is involved. May also include interpreting for other services such as behavior therapy/mental health therapy sessions.
- Daily documentation and tracking for your clients
- Supervising and observing participants and animals always to ensure their safety and to make sure they are not exhibiting harmful behavior to self or others
- Follow all department-specific methods, processes, and policy
- Work with participants on projects with an understanding of each consumer’s pace and developmental needs and the positive outcomes it will provide
- Learn and use participants’ historical information, behavior plans, and reoccurring trends as a tool to help their progress in achieving their goals
- Counsel with the participants as necessary, interpret during group discussions, and document engagement
- 1+ years’ experience in translation
- For ASL Translators: Is on the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) or is willing to become a member.
- For ASL Translators: Is a Certified Deaf Interpreter (CDI) or willing to complete necessary paperwork and receive CDI
- 1+ year experience in human services / direct care
- 1+ year experience working with the Intellectual and Developmentally Disabled (IDD) population
REPORTS TO: Bilingual Services Director and Executive Director
OPENINGS IN MULTIPLE DEPARTMENTS $20.00/hr
Part-time positions & full-time positions available
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org