Optimism is the key to living a happier lifestyle. In a world full of struggles, stressors, and unknown outcomes it is very hard to consistently choose to keep a positive mindset. Anxiety and deep thoughts tend to take over and I want to guide you in a totally different direction. Once you master optimistic thinking your whole perspective on life will change. Activities or errands that you once hated will become much more enjoyable. Little parts of your life will have greater meaning. I am here today with researched and practiced tips and tricks to help create the most fulfilled life that you could possibly have!
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.”
― Alphonse Karr, A Tour Round My Garden
Time & Effort
This isn’t a sudden transformation and you’re not going to wake up one day and just be happier. That’s not how this works, and you can’t expect instantaneous results. You have to redirect the way your brain thinks. That comes with time, effort, and energy. It is proven by experts that a pessimist’s brain can be wired to have an optimistic mindset within 21 days. Research proves that humans tend to think social problems and the state of the world is actually worse than it is. That’s why I am here to relay some tips to help you see all the good in the world! No one ever said being happy was easy, but it is completely worth it once you get there.
“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
5 Tips to Become an Optimist
Changing your negative mindset will bring you much more happiness and positivity. The energy you put out into the world is the energy you receive.
- Stop Comparing Yourself
- The majority of humans can now access pictures, profiles, and the lives of other people that they had no clue even existed. Social media has made this possible and I challenge you to realize that social media is everyone’s ‘best life’. All individuals go through struggles every day. Don’t compare yourself to someone that looks happy on Instagram because in reality they probably aren’t.
- Change Your Focus
- If you continue to constantly look at the glass half empty and ponder about all the negative parts of your life you’re going to be extremely unhappy. If you change your mindset and begin to think of all the things you are grateful for you will see a sudden shift in your mindset and well-being.
- Look for Positive Signs
- Identifying signs of goodness from the universe in states of the unknown are ways to stay positive. Finding a ladybug, a penny, or seeing something you believe is some sort of message from the universe are all great ways to stay optimistic.
- Detach from Outcomes
- When all expectations are set aside you are setting yourself up to be much happier. When you aren’t completely set on a scenario playing out a certain way you will appreciate the outcome much more. If an opportunity passes you will know a much better one is on its way. Life has a funny way of giving you what you need when you need it.
- Focus on the Possibilities
- It is absolutely not possible to lead a more fulfilled life if you’re always focused on the negatives and impossibilities. Instead shifting your thought process to thinking about all the great possibilities and exciting outcomes in your life will overall be a healthier and happier process. Rewiring the way you think will eventually bring you into an optimistic state.
Optimism comes from within. If you are ready to be happy, optimism will follow. Re-wiring your mindset can help you see your life as half full and that’s the best gift you could ever receive.